Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I hope OU doesn't listen to these crazies.

Some intelligent design wingnut is already bitching about the speaker list for the University of Oklahoma's speaker schedule for it's Year of Darwin (I know, in Oklahoma, crazy). I hope the president of the university doesn't give the time of day to this whack-job pseudo-science.

Here's the link to the letter:

http://www.uncommondescent.com/intelligent-design/controversy-brewing-over-the-darwin-2009-project-at-the-university-of-oklahoma/

I would expect nothing less from Uncommon Descent.

Awww, I'm sorry that a university science department won't give equal time to your unscientific theory. If you really want to spew your insanity to the public at a university you should probably talk to the theology department, because until you can present some hard, testable evidence you don't belong in the science classroom. Unfortunately (or fortunately), because your "theory" invokes the supernatural you will never be able present us with some hard evidence.

I am looking forward to Dawkins' speech at OU and I really hope that there are a few fundie protesters there.

Aslo, quick note, the letter says that having Dawkins speaking during the year of Darwin makes the whole year of lectures all about evolution as a worldview. I disagree with that statement. Evolution is nothing more than a scienctific theory (fact). Professor Dawkins' opinion is that the study of the theory of evolution leads to atheism, which I happen to agree with, but simply having him as one of the speakers does not pigeon hole the entire year of speakers.

No comments:

Post a Comment